Davis County 40’s/50s Dinner Group
The 40’s/50’s Singles Dinner Group began July 2007. Most people are in their 40’s or 50’s (age). It is organized by Kathy Porter. We meet on the first Friday of every month unless it is July 4th or New Year weekend. When you RSVP I will email the address of the restaurant we will be attending (in Davis County).
We are not sponsored by a ward or stake but LDS standards apply (no alcohol). Join us! RSVP by Email to Kathy Porter.
1. Why is it called “40s/50s Dinner Group”? I have been to a lot of activities over the past few years. In this region, activities seem to attract a 30s age crowd or a “Senior” crowd. I thought it would be nice to have an activity for the 40s/50s crowd. However, I never turn anyone away because of their age.
2. How do you choose the restaurants? I choose the ones in Davis County that will take reservations and can seat a group of 15 or more.
New! Valentine’s Date Night
Every February, loved ones exchange flowers, candy and other tokens of affection, all in the name of St. Valentine. This year instead of fighting for reservations at overbooked restaurants, stir up some romance in the kitchen preparing a delightful dinner with your special someone. Now that’s amore!
TECHNIQUES Working with yeast; making crispy flatbread; sautéing wild mushrooms; searing, resting and cooking beef; poaching shellfish in butter; roasting asparagus; making a classical sauce; baking mini cakes; making and piping frosting.
- Wild Mushroom Truffle Flatbread with Arugula and Artisan Cheese
- Surf and Turf: Roasted Strip Loin Persillade with Butter Poached Lobster Tail
- Asparagus with Champagne Sabayon
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pies with Mascarpone Vanilla Bean Cream
- Sample Recipe: Stuffed Peppadews
*Adult classes are designed for students 16 years of age or older. (Note: Students must be 21 years of age to consume alcohol.
CANYONS WINE CLUB PRESENTS: AN EVENING IN BARBARESCO
High atop Canyons Resort, surrounded by panoramic views of the Wasatch mountains, lies a secluded, intimate venue accessed only via the Red Pine gondola and a cozy sleigh ride through the woods. Few settings can compare to the natural beauty that encompasses Lookout Cabin, which makes it the ideal location for a memorable evening.
Begin your Valentine romancing early!
Guest Chef Maurizio of Trattoria “Antica Torre” and Aldo Vacca the Director of Produttori del Barbaresco celebrate 50 years of wine making excellence and a culinary tour of Northern Italy.
February 1, 2011 – Tuesday Evening in Barbaresco
5:45 PM – Meet on Mezzanine in the Grand Summit Hotel
6:00 PM – Board Gondola
Menu and Wine Pairings
Butter Poached Lobster Arancini
Baby Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta
House Made Meyer Lemon Ricotta and Hazelnut Crostini
**Cortese, Castelvero, Piemonte, 2009
- Bagna Cauda e Fonduta Piedmontese
- With Traditional Accompaniments
- **Nebbiolo Langhe, Produttori del Barbaresco, Piemonte, 2009
- Crispy Veal Sweetbreads with Fennel Sformato
- With Braised Escarole Pesto and Micro Herb Salad
- **Nebbiolo Langhe, Produttori del Barbaresco, Piemonte, 2008
- Agnolotti del Plin with Oxtail and Celeriac Ragu’
- With Shaved Grana Padano
- **Barbaresco, Produttori del Barbaresco, Piemonte, 2006
- Juniper Crusted Venison Tenderloin with White Truffle- Chive Risotto
- With Crispy Kale and Balsamic Pan Jus
- **Barbaresco, “Montestefano” Produttori del Barbaresco, Piemonte, 2005
- Assorted Italian Cookies and Petit Fors
$135 per person includes gondola ride, sleigh ride, 6-course dinner paired with wines from our featured winery. $85 per person without wine pairings
Reservations: Limited availability, please call (435) 615-8042 for reservations.
Come ring in the new year with a New Year’s Eve Dance on the huge, spacious dance area of the Utah Cultural Celebration Center in West Valley City, Utah. There will be professional pictures, a light dinner buffet featuring shrimp and Cheesecake Factory cheesecake, midnight noisemakers and great dance music!
There is always a large crowd so arriving early and carpooling is recommended. Overflow parking is available in the QWest lot.
Your admission includes parking, coat check, pictures, dancing, beverages, buffet and midnight foo foo.
Dee’s Dances – providing quality Singles events for many years! Thank you for your continued support. Come see why we’re often imitated but never surpassed.
*Discontinued Event (2021)
What’s in a name? When the name is “Romeo and Juliet” the answer is Romance. We’ve got the poetry and romance of Shakespeare’s love scenes, surrounded by humor, and the chance for the audience to pick a happier ending. Oh—and you might get to be in a sword fight.
An interactive dinner show, one of Shakespeare’s classics as it has never been done before.
Ticket Prices: $15 for adults, $8 for children under 12
Menu with special dinner theater pricing provided, dinner sold separately.
Madeline’s in South Jordan
February 17th, 18th and 19th. Curtain at 7pm.
Madeline’s Steakhouse 1133 W South Jordan Pkwy South Jordan, UT 84095 (801) 446-6639
La Caille in Sandy with special dinner pricing,
February 11th. Curtain at 7pm.
La Caille 9565 Wasatch Blvd Sandy, Utah 84092 (801) 942-1751
Old Spaghetti Factory in Orem
February 12th and 14th. Curtain at 7pm.
The Old Spaghetti Factory 575 E University Pkwy Orem, UT 84097 (801) 224-6199
Thai cuisine is unquestionably among the world’s finest with its surprising blend of hot, sweet and sour flavors, all in perfect balance. In this stimulating hands-on workshop, prepare a highly distinctive Thai menu that boldly explodes on the palate. Along with your meal, enjoy a glass of wine or Thai iced tea while discussing the creative cooking techniques and exotic ingredients of Thailand.
SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES Cooking with traditional Thai ingredients; grilling steak; making soup; stir-frying/wok-cooking; cooking shrimp perfectly every time.
Thai Beef Salad with Lettuce Cups and Sticky Rice
Coconut and Lemongrass Soup with Chicken (Tom Khai Gai)
Rice Noodles with Shrimp and Peanuts (Shrimp Pad Thai)
Sample Recipe: Mango Sorbet “Martini” with Basil Sugar Rim
Sample Recipe: Thai Iced Tea
Bonus Recipe: Ginger Cosmopolitans