Mountain Recreation Park – 57 Campsites – Pavilions – Picnic Tables – Barbecue Stands – Fire Pits – Water – Restrooms
During the winter season at Jolley’s Ranch, you can enjoy the beauty and fun of winter sports without having to go to a big resort. You will find nearly five miles of groomed trails for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing, tubing and sledding hill, and parking areas for snowmobilers. Ski and snowshoe equipment is available for rent, along with tubes for the tubing hill. There are heated restrooms and a warming shelter. Season passes and group discounts are available.
Jolley’s Ranch Winter & Summer Park
Hobble Creek Canyon
Right Fork Hobble Rd, Springville, UT 84663
Snow Sledding/Tubing hills on the road between Fairview & Huntington, Utah about a mile or two up the canyon from Huntington Reservoir.
*Rated R for swearing
Above Huntington Reservoir
Mount Pleasant-Moroni, UT 84647
Ogden City hosts the second annual Winterfest downtown Historic 25th Street & Washington Blvd, January 28 and 29th.
The city will close major downtown streets, cover them with snow and create the ultimate winter playground. The Winterfest organizing committee invites all to come and enjoy a variety of free activities. Last year’s celebration attracted more than 5,000 people.
The celebration where “Cold is Cool” boasts traditional and unconventional snow activities for all ages. Most events are free.
Events will begin on Friday afternoon with a ceremonial street closing on Washington Boulevard followed by a toboggan parade. Activities and contests will be held all day on Saturday.
This year’s “where cold is cool” events will include:
- Toboggan Parade
- Human Dog Sled Races
- Polar Bear Swim
- Snowmobile Street Races
- Snowboarding Rail-Jam
- 5K Run/Walk
- Doggie Costume Contest
- Flag Football Contests
- Cross Country Skiing Races
- Snowshoe Races
- Live Music
And many more . . .
Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about the little ones. We’ve put together some free projects and events with the younger kids in mind:
- The hill just east of Washington Boulevard on 25th Street will be available for tubing and sledding on Saturday morning and afternoon.
- Snowshoeing around Municipal Park will be available all day Saturday.
- Piles of snow will be hauled into the Municipal Park for the children to decorate and make snowmen on both Friday night and Saturday morning and afternoon.
- The kid’s corner on Saturday will have a small construction project for each child that wishes to participate.
- Winterfest Schedule of Events
Historic 25th Street & Washington Blvd, Ogden
Friday & Saturday January 28th – 29th 1/28/2011 1/29/2011