Scenic Lake located in the Uinta Mountains offering fishing & boating, plus a campground & picnic facilities.
Best State & National Parks In Utah
Distance From Salt Lake City
Salt Lake Area
Great Salt Lake State Park Magna 19 miles
East Canyon State Park Morgan 36 miles
Rockport State Park Peoa 37 miles
Jordanelle State Park Heber 37 miles
Rock Cliff Nature Center
Antelope Island State Park Syracuse 43 miles
Wasatch Mountain State Park Midway 46 miles
Utah Lake State Park Provo 46 miles
Echo State Park Coalville 48 miles
Willard Bay State Park 51 miles *Best
Deer Creek State Park Heber 54 miles
Northern Utah Area
Hyrum Lake State Park 77 miles
Bear River State Park Garden City 122 miles *Best
Southern Utah Area
Starvation State Park Duchesne 116 miles
Fremont Indian State Park & Museum Sevier 183 miles
Arches National Park Moab 230 miles *Best
Dead Horse Point State Park 245 miles *Best
Bryce Canyon National Park 268 miles *Best
Zion National Park 308 miles *Best
The Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument is a U.S. National Monument protecting 1,880,461 acres (760,996 ha) of land in southern Utah encompassing three main regions: the Grand Staircase, the Kaiparowits Plateau, and the Canyons of the Escalante – all of which are managed by the Bureau of Land Management as part of the National Landscape Conservation System.
Utah State Park
- Horseback Riding
- Mountain Biking
- Mule Deer
- Bighorn Sheep
- The Great Salt Lake
Antelope Island State Park
4528 W 1700 S, Syracuse, UT 84075
Top Utah Scenic Road Trips From Salt Lake
Mirror Lake 76 miles
- Alpine Loop
- Nebo Loop
- Provo Canyon
- Spanish Fork Canyon
- American Fork Canyon
Salt Lake County
- Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Guardsman Pass
- Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Mill Creek Canyon
- Morgan Canyon
- Logan Canyon
- Bear Lake
- Monte Cristo Hwy
- Cedar Breaks
State park with Native American petroglyphs & pictographs, hiking trails, including a museum with artifacts.
This video discusses the Fremont people and their culture. Learn about the rock art, artifacts, and mysteries they left behind. You will also discover the many recreational resources and outdoor opportunities available to the entire family.
Fremont Indian State Park & Museum
3820 W Clear Creek Canyon Road
Sevier, UT 84766 (435) 527-4631
The Homestead Resort offers unique accommodations near four world-class ski destinations.
- 13,000 square feet of flexible space, accommodating up to 300, featuring oversized windows, T1 and WIFI internet access, and the latest audiovisual service and support
- AVEDA Spa, featuring experienced aestheticians, licensed massage therapists, a complete menu of spa treatments.
- Adventure Center, offering pocket billiards, Ping-pong, board and video games, a guest library, and much more.
- Homestead Crater, a 55-foot tall, beehive-shaped rock filled with 90-degree water, offering world-famous swimming, snorkeling, and scuba diving
- Championship golf course, featuring fantastic views of the Heber Valley and the picturesque Snake Creek Valley
- Aquatic facilities, including indoor / newly remodeled outdoor pools, spas, and a natural mineral bath
- Fitness room, featuring Life Fitness treadmills, Precore ESX elliptical machines, Life Fitness stationary bikes, Proformance weight machines, and TKO weights
Homestead Resort & Spa
700 N Homestead Dr
Midway, UT 84049
Longest Tubing Lanes In Utah
Soldier Hollow in Wasatch Mountain State Park near Midway offers the longest tubing lanes in Utah. The hill has lengthy 1,200-foot sliding lanes with lift service for towing people up the hill for tubing day or night under the lights, and a sound system keeps the airwaves full of enjoyable tunes.
Winter Snow Season November–March
Saturdays and Holidays 10 am–8 pm
Mon–Fri (Non Holiday) Noon–8 pm
Sunday Noon–4 pm
2002 Soldier Hollow Ln, Midway
Cave tour fees waived mid August weekend as part of the National Park Service Fee Free Weekends.
Timpanogos Cave National Monument sits high in the Wasatch Mountains. The cave system consists of three spectacularly decorated caverns. Helictites and anthodites are just a few of the many dazzling formations to be found in the many chambers. As visitors climb to the cave entrance, on a hike gaining over 1,000 ft in elevation, they are offered incredible views of American Fork Canyon.
August Mid Weekend Annually
Timpanogos Cave National Monument
2038 Alpine Loop Rd, American Fork, UT 84003